To implement an issue of the European Directive on Energy Performance of Buildings, § 16a Energy Saving Ordinance (EnEV 2013) requires that people who sell or rent out property include specific indicators from the energy certificate in their property advertisements published in commercial media.
- kind of certificate (demand-based or consumption-based)
- demand / consumption (delivered energy)
- main energy carrier used
- for residential buildings: year of construction
- for residential buildings: energy class
- for non-residential buildings additionally: for demand / consumption of electricity (delivered energy)
New energy certificates issued in accordance with EnEV 2013 provide all requested indicators.
Indicators for advertisements on Page 1 of the energy certificate (here: residential buildings):
Indicators for advertisements on Page 2 or 3 of the energy certificate (here: residential buildings):
In energy certificates for non-residential buildings, the relevant indicators are marked as "compulsory indicators for property advertisements" in a comparable manner.
Concerning certificates issued according to earlier version of the Energy Saving Ordinance and still valid, a guideline will be issued to help reading those certificates properly and to facilitate identifying the indicators to be used.
This guideline will be published on this site as soon as it is available.